Majestic. Strategic. Captivating.
This year, the GRC Band will present it’s fall production, Checkmate, a live action vignette, capturing the essence of chess play and the progression from the first move of a pawn to the ultimate fall of a king.
Arranged by Andrew Markworth, the show will feature four musical selections.
- Pawns – Everybody Wants to Rule the World, as performed by Lorde.
- The Court – Tempered Steel, composed by Charles Rochester Young
- The Queen – Uninvited, by Alanis Morisette
- Dual of the Kings – Hand of Fate Part 1, by James Newton Howard
Drill by Aaron Cunningham
Flag Choreography by Katie Edwards
Show Design by Michael Payne
Flags by R&S Marching Arts
Guard Uniforms by The Band Hall
New Band Uniforms by Demoulin
Produced by the Clark County Band Boosters.
- Mary Margaret Zroll – Flutes
- Katherine Atherton – Clarinets
- Michael Robinson – Saxophones
- Coleman Scott – Trumpets
- Mary Haddix – Horns
- Noah Tolson – Trombones
- Chase Teachey – Baritones
- Robbie Reed – Tubas
- Jeremy Wade – Percussion Head
- Stefan Vaughn – Percussion
- Lawrence Wiliams – Percussion
- Katie Edwards – Colorguard Head
- Jennie Bullock – Flag tech
Assistant Director – Matt Leedy