1) Congratulations to our students on a job well done at district assessment.
2) Now that the BOE has approved next year’s calendar, we are ready to prepare and send out the permission slips for the Orlando Trip. These should be coming home later this week. First Payment of $100 is due (the week of) May 15. Full payment plan will be outlined on the permission slip.
3) This year’s band banquet, celebrating all of the bands (and color guard) at GRC, will take place Tuesday, May 17 at the Winchester Opera House. Look for invitations later this week, along with RSVP information.
4) On Monday, May 16, all CCPS bands grades 5-12 will participate in the annual Clark County Band Spectacular. This event will be held in the Gym at Campbell. The event will begin at 7:30. Call time for GRC students is 7pm.
5) Marching Band – parent signature forms are past due for students planning to participate in marching band. These should be turned into the black box or emailed to Mr. Payne.
6) Marching Band – Camp Dates – Please visit grcband.org/calendar to view all of our required band camp dates, including the three day visual camp June 15-17.
7) Mattress Sale – Selling mattresses? really? You bet! If you or a friend need a new, high quality, brand name mattress for the same price (or better) than the furniture stores, be sure to stop by on Saturday, June 18. More information to come.
8) Jazz Assessment – This week at Henry Clay – The GRC Jazz Ensemble will perform for a panel of judges this Friday night at 7:30. Be sure to make the trip to Lexington to hear our outstanding jazz musicians!
9) Booster Board Elections – Looking for a way to get more involved with our program? Contact Melissa Harrison (email@example.com) or Mr. Payne to ask how you can be part of our Board of Directors. We have many spots to fill. Need a partner? Nominate another parent to join you! We have spots available!
10) When will this list end? Honestly, I could keep going. Really. So I will.
11) Guard Rehearsals continue on Tuesday nights at GRC from 5-7pm.
12) Drumline audition clinics have begun. Tuesdays from 5-7 at GRC.
13) The final round of drum major auditions will take place on Wednesday. We’ll announce next year’s drum major(s) on Thursday.
14) Scholarship applications for the CCBB Foster Camp Scholarships will be available in the band room tomorrow and on grcband.org. Essays are due May 2. This is a great way to help make summer music camps more affordable.
15) Current Juniors can apply for the US Army All American Marching Band. See Mr. Payne for details. Deadline is May 1, which includes a video audition.
Thanks again for all YOU do. Our organization is really doing amazing things.
Michael J. Payne
Director of Bands