The GRC Band has a busy schedule during the spring. Please take an opportunity to view the calendar. Go to grcband.org/calendar. Please take note of:
- Tuesday afternoon Percussion Rehearsals
- Wednesday Afternoon Color Guard Rehearsals
- Pep Band Performances
- Solo and Ensemble in February
- Band Concerts in February and April
- Rehearsals for the Little Mermaid (Spring Musical) in March
- Sectionals for Symphonic Band and Concert Band (including all percussionists)
- Additional dates will be added in May, like the Area Concert w/ Baker and Campbell, Band Banquet, and sectionals for marching band. We will post these once we get out of the snow season (if it ever starts :).
Band season never really ends, and neither do our fundraising efforts. Please take note of your assigned Bingo Weekend. Can’t work on Sundays or forgotten which team your family is on? Send an Email to email@example.com to get the scoop.
All District Auditions
Students who are auditioning for the District 7 honors bands can find their audition time attached to this email, or at grcband.org. Monday, January 11 @ Tates Creek.
Marching Band 2016
Band camp dates for the summer are posted.
Full Band Mini Camp – June 15-17 from 8 to Noon
Full Band Pre Camp – July 18-23 from 8-Noon
Band Camp July 25-28 (8am-8pm) and August 1-5 (8am-8pm)
The staff is already hard at work selecting next year’s show. Sign ups for next year will take place in March.
Lastly, no baby news to report – yet. I will be sure to let everyone know.
Thanks, and Happy New Year!